Najafgarh – Dhansa Bus Stand Section On Delhi Metro's Grey Line Inaugurated
New Delhi, Sep 18 (TNA) The Najafgarh–Dhansa Bus Stand section on the Grey Line of Delhi Metro was inaugurated on Saturday by the Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs& Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal,via video conferencing.
The Dhansa Bus Stand is an underground station and an extension of the presently operational Dwarka- Najafgarh Corridor. The Minister said that the inauguration of today’s 1.2 kilometres stretch extension might be small from the point of view of network length, but from the perspective of providing enhanced connectivity to the interior parts of the national capital, this new extension is an important milestone.
Details Of The Najafgarh – Dhansa Bus Stand Corridor :
● Length between Najafgarh and Dhansa Bus Stand: 1.2 kms
● Gauge: Standard Gauge
● Colour Code: Grey ● Interchange: Dwarka (with Blue Line)
● Entry & Exit: 3
● Escalators : 7 ● Lift: 5 ● Depot : Najafgarh
● 6 coach Platform length • Stations on Grey Line: 04 Dwarka, Nangli, Najafgarh and Dhansa Bus Stand out of which Dwarka and Nangloi are elevated stations while Najafgarh and Dhansa Bus Stand are underground stations.
Special Features Of The Station:
• The station has been designed as a four-level underground structure where there will be the platform at the bottom (at an approximate depth of 18 metres) followed by the concourse and then an entire floor for parking above it with the roof level at the top (ground level).
• Dhansa Bus Stand Metro station has the first ever underground Metro station of the Delhi Metro network to have an entire underground floor dedicated for parking of vehicles. The parking facility will be integrated with the main station area where vehicle users will be able to park their cars and two wheelers and then proceed to the concourse of the station directly using lifts and escalators.
• The parking lot is equipped with facilities such as the entry and exit ramps, lifts, staircases, escalators etc. The facility has a parking space for about 110 cars and 185 two wheelers. There would be provision for property development activities at the ground level in the future.
Artwork Of The Station
• The areas around Dhansa Bus Stand in the Najafgarh region have deep cultural roots. The area is rich in historical content and contributes significantly in terms of ecological values as well. Jheel between Najafgarh and Dhansa is a marshy ecosystem and is an ecological heaven for a large number of perennial local wildlife and seasonal movement of migratory birds which is a delight for bird watchers in the winters. Photographs on printed glass panels at Dhansa Bus Stand station showcase the rich biodiversity of this area and are themed as “Migratory Birds”
• The surrounding villages are renowned for many ancient folklore. The villages host fairs to celebrate their historical significance. Therefore, some hand painted artworks are inspired by their rich spirit and the celebration of values and are themed as “local socio-cultural scenario”
• A hand painted artwork shows the residents coming together to honour the essence of their values and upcoming lifestyle and is themed as, “Fringes of rural-urban progression” and showcases the bridge that is built in order to connect the past and the future.
• A few artworks are also depicting scenes from the fairs, while some are just showing the spirit of celebration or a touch of local designs and motifs. The artworks will be eye catching for any passenger passing through the station and might generate interest in the place itself.