UP Bags Awards At India Smart City Conclave, Agra Named Third Smartest City In The Country
Indore/Lucknow, Sep 28 (TNA) The President gave away awards in the India Smart City Conclave held in Indore. UP received awards in 10 different categories. Varanasi topped in the North Zone. Four big cities received awards in different categories of Smart City Ranking
UP has secured third position among 100 cities of the country in the Centre's Smart City Scheme. At the same time, Taj City Agra has been given the title of the third smart city in the country. Whereas North Zone PM Modi's parliamentary constituency Varanasi has been awarded as the best smart city. The state has received 10 awards in various categories.
Principal Secretary Urban Development Department Amrit Abhijat and Smart City Mission Director Dharmendra Pratap Singh received the award on behalf of the state government. In the program organized on Wednesday, President Draupadi Murmu awarded UP for coming third in the best state category.
This was a competition in various categories among hundred smart cities of the country. Other cities of the state have also been awarded in different types at the ceremony. Under the Smart City Mission, 10 state cities include Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Moradabad, Prayagraj, Saharanpur and Varanasi.
A total of 670 projects of civic amenities like sanitation, water supply, street lighting, sewerage as well as smart roads, smart parking, parks and water bodies are proposed in these cities at a cost of Rs 9313.45 crore. So far 456 projects worth Rs 5889.14 crore have been completed.
Varanasi and Agra are included in the first 10 cities
Along with making smart cities, the work of making safe cities is going on rapidly in all the municipal corporations. These include Integrated Command and Control Centre, various IT components, CCTV etc. and necessary facilities and services are being provided for women, elderly, disabled and children. As a result of these efforts, two cities of the state, Agra and Varanasi, have been consistently included in the first 10 cities and three cities, Agra, Varanasi and Kanpur, have been included in the first 20 cities in the ranking of smart cities.
UP got awards in these categories
- Uttar Pradesh ranked third in the category of best state
- Lucknow's third position for employment training center in economy category.
- In the City Award category, Varanasi ranks first among the cities of North Zone with population of more than 10 lakh.
Kanpur got third place in the Build Environment category of the Project Award for the modernization and development work of Palika Sports Stadium.
- Agra got third place in ICCC Sustainable Model category for income generation and reduction in carbon emissions.
- Agra got third place for innovative works in the Covid Innovation Award category.
- Second place in water category for smart water meter and 24 hours water supply in Agra.
- Agra got second place in the social aspect category for the upgradation of smart health center and municipal school.
Agra ranked third in the country in the National Smart City Award category.