Massive Fire In Ten-Storey Building At Varanasi

Massive Fire In Ten-Storey Building At Varanasi

Varanasi, April 8 (TNA) A massive fire broke out on the fourth floor of Annapurna Grandeur building in Varanasi late on Thursday, leaving residents trappe for hours. The fire tenders brought the fire under control after three hours of struggle.

Around two dozen people were trapped in the building opposite Kashi Vidyapeeth for a gruelling two-and-a-half hours.

The fire was brought under control by throwing water through a hydraulic crane. As a precautionary measure, electricity was cut off in the surrounding areas including the apartments. The fire started from the flat of a certain Rakesh Kumar Gupta’s flat number 401 of B block.

In the evening all the family members had gone to the market. Meanwhile, after 7.30 pm, suddenly smoke started rising from the flat. After leaving the lamp lit in the temple inside the flat, the flames reached the kitchen and the gas cylinder including the microwave caught fire. The gas cylinder also exploded with a loud bang.

Thankfully due to the prompt action of the local police and the firemen no one was injured in the mishap.

Related Stories

No stories found.
The News Agency
www.thenewsagency.in