Massive Fire In Sangam Link Apartment In Prayagraj Guts Goods Worth Lakhs

Massive Fire In Sangam Link Apartment In Prayagraj Guts Goods Worth Lakhs

Prayagraj, January 14 (TNA) A massive fire broke out at the five-storeyed Sangam Link apartment, adjacent to the Baghambri Mutt on Friday evening. A short circuit in the balcony of retired bank manager AK Dubey caused the fire. More than 400 people live in the apartment.

Firefighters who reached the spot brought the fire under control after a lot of efforts, but by then the goods worth lakhs had been gutted. The cause of the fire is said to be a short circuit in the inverter battery.

By the time Chief Fire Officer RK Pandey along with firefighters reached the spot, the fire had raged. The flames had also reached the flat of Rohit Shukla, who lives on the fifth floor, just above AK Dubey's flat.

CFO Pandey says that AK Dubey had kept the inverter battery on the balcony. Trash was placed on top of it. Due to a short circuit in the battery, the garbage kept above caught fire, which took a big form in no time.

Related Stories

No stories found.
The News Agency
www.thenewsagency.in