LPG Cylinders Explode In Snack Making Godown In Kanpur, No One Injured

LPG Cylinders Explode In Snack Making Godown In Kanpur, No One Injured

Kanpur, Nov 24 (TNA) A major tragedy was averted in Kanpur in the wee hours of Tuesday as three LPG cylinders caught fire and burst, police said. No one was injured as there was no one their at the time of the explosion.

The mishap took place at Jaiswal Namkeen Bhandar in Harbanshmohal area near the Expressway road, a senior police official informed. Three LPG cylinders exploded but at that time the place they were sacked was locked.

The huge explosion however sent shockwaves in the locality and woke up people from their deep sleep. Locals informed the fire department and fire tenders were rushed to extinguish the fire. It took them more than hour to douse the blaze.

Vishwaraj Jaiswal, the owner was informed soon after. All the material inside the fire site was gutted. Prima facie it appears to have been sparked off because of a short circuit.

Related Stories

The News Agency
www.thenewsagency.in