- Uttar Pradesh
- Crime Patrol
- Weekly Columns
Five Die Due To Toxic Gas In A Septic Tank In Agra
Agra, March 17 (TNA) Five persons died in a tragic incident in Agra district of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday due to toxic gas produced in a septic tank. According to the information available, the mishap took place in Partapaura village on Agra. Of the five deceased three were minors and two adults.
The victims had gone down a pit where there was a leak of water in a pit dug up a few days back for construction of a toilet. One of the deceased had gone down the 15-feet-deep pit and when he did not return one by one the other four also went down, sadly never to return back.
The deceased have been identified as Sonu Sharma (32), HAri Mohan (17), Anurag (14), Aaditya (16) and Yogesh (20). Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has mourned the loss of lives and has announced a Rs 2 lakh each ex-gratia to the families of the victims, his office said.