Fire In South Indian Bank ATM At Meerut, Rs 10 lakh Cash Remains Unharmed
Meerut, April 15 (TNA) Short circuit in South Indian Bank ATM in Meerut triggered a fire on Friday. The owner of the house where the bak is on rent informed the police about the fire and soon people tried to douse the fire.
Thankfully there was no one inside the ATM when the mishap happened. The ATM is located on Baghpat Road. The upper part of the ATM was gutted in the fire. However, the fire could not reach the cash kept inside the machine.The ATM had Rs 10 lakh in cash.
fire by pouring water. The ATM of South Indian Bank is full of cash of Rs 10 lakh, which the agency has been called to withdraw. Bank officials believe that cash will be safe in ATMs.
Inspector Vivek Sharma said that the upper part of the ATM machine was of plastic, which completely melted but the fire did not reach the cash kept in the machine. The bank officials have been informed about the matter. Cash is being withdrawn by calling an expert by opening the machine.