As Powermen Strike Work In Uttar Pradesh, Government Warns Of Stringent Action
Lucknow, March 17 (TNA) The Uttar Pradesh government has taken a tough stand against powermen after they began a strike on midnight after their talks with the power minister AK Sharma yielded no positive results for them. The Power Minister was categorical in his warning when he said if the contract workers stop the work, their job will be immediately terminated.
The committee's delegation had held talks with Energy Minister AK Sharma, but no result came out after which there was a meeting of the office bearers of the committee at the field hostel located in Dalibagh. In this, it was announced that 27 lakh electricians across the country are ready to hit the streets in support of the strike by Uttar Pradesh powermen.
Several rounds of talks with Energy Minister AK Sharma had earlier remained inconclusive. Employees associated with Vidyut Karmachari Sangharsh Samiti have gone on strike since night. Sharma has warned the employees going on strike will face action and under ESMA against those who damage government property and misbehave with the workers on duty.
He informed that technical staff have been kept in reserve in NTPC and other undertakings and in various manpower agencies. All corporations have been given a list of reserve personnel who will be called as and when needed.
Powermen have said that 27 lakh powermen across the country are ready to hit the streets in support of the strike by Uttar Pradesh power employees. “If electricity employees are arrested, a Jail Bharo movement will start with an indefinite strike”, Coordinator of National Coordination Committee of Electricity Employees and Engineers (NCCOEEE) Prashant Chowdhary said.