- Uttar Pradesh
- Crime Patrol
- Weekly Columns
Aiming At Last Mile Connectivity, Lucknow Metro Ties Up With Rapido Bike
LUCKNOW || Lucknow Metro has tied up with Rapido Bike, India’s Largest Bike Taxi Platform, for providing last mile connectivity that’s convenient, safe, accessible and economical, an official said on Friday. The Rapido kiosk, symbolic of the official tie up with Lucknow Metro was inaugurated by Kumar Keshav, MD, UPMRC at Hazratganj Metro Station.
The inauguration took place in the presence of Sushil Kumar, Director Operations-UPMRC, Tejpal Bhamboo, Area manager-Rapido UP, other senior officials, passengers and Rapido team.
Rapido which is successfully operating in almost 100 cities including 15 cities of UP alone, is a gift of Lucknow Metro to its passengers. Passengers can conveniently book Rapido bike when they de-board from metro train at any station and can avail the most convenient and economical connectivity even till their doorstep.
Moreover, in a special collaboration with Lucknow Metro, there are many benefits in store for the metro passengers.
• Upto 40% discounts for registered GoSmart Card users. All GoSmart card users must get their cards registered on Lucknow Metro app to avail this exclusive offer.
• Upto 30% cashback offer for all Rapido payments done through digital wallets
• With a Rapido pass starting at Rs 19/- and ranging upto Rs 129/-, passengers can avail Flat 50-55% discount on as many as 30 rides per month. (Visit the kiosk at Hazratganj Metro Station to get the pass and know more details)
• All Rapido Captains (Rapido driver partners) are registered and verified at Rapido, so every passenger can be sure that their last mile connectivity is as safe as it gets
• Rapido currently comprises a fleet of 1000 Captains (Rapido driver partners) of which 400 riders will be available in the city all the time.
• At every Metro station 15-20 riders will be available at 1-4 minutes of expected time of arrival (ETA) exclusively for metro passengers.
Speaking on this occasion Keshav said, “We at UPMRC strive to work consistently to make daily commuting for metro passengers safe, comfortable & enjoyable. This is a unique initiative which will not only improve first & last mile connectivity but also boost our ridership figures in the long run. Rapido bike taxis service will not just be light on everyone’s’ pockets but will also provide connectivity even till your doorstep after you de-board at any Metro station. This partnership between UPMRC & Rapido will enhance the mobility by connecting places with the Metro stations & vice-versa. I am hopeful that people will make the best use of this collaboration and for a convenient, fast and economical connectivity to and fro metro stations.”
Mayank Agarwal, Head of Operations, Rapido said, "Our partnership with the UPMRC is an effective last mile connectivity solution for the people of the city. Rapido will complement the State's robust public transportation model making it more accessible, affordable and safe."