28 Girl Students Take Sick After Having Food In Badayun Residential School
Badaun, April 3 (TNA) 28 girl students fell ill on Sunday in badayun district of Uttar Pradesh after consuming poisoned food at a residential girls' school run by the Social Welfare Department at Dataganj.
Badaun Chief Development Officer Rishi Raj told the media that after the meal was prepared as usual, the committee of three people had tasted the food, after 10 minutes they felt a headache, but in the meantime about 28 girls had eaten and started showing symptoms of food poisoning.
All of them were immediately admitted to the nearby Primary Health Center on complaints of heaviness in the head. All girls are aged between 10 to 14 years. Most of the girls had Navratri fast on Saturday, so the number of girls who had food was less. However, all the girls are out of danger and will be discharged on Monday, an official said.
A team of Food Safety department and Health Department is taking samples of the food and a probe has been ordered. Asim Arun, the minister of state for social welfare, has taken a grim view of the incident and rushed the joint director posted at the Social Welfare Directorate to Badayun and asked him to submit a detailed report to the government at the earliest.