The Three Minute Microwave Gooey Chocolate Mug Cake
We all love cakes and pastries but often refrain from eating them as they are high in calories. But it is ok to give yourself a treat once in a while. A gooey Chocolate Mug cake could leave you feeling less guilty about your sweet craving as it is cake in small portion.
Mug Cake is one simple any time treat that is made with very few ingredients in about 3 mins in a microwave.
4 tbsp all-purpose flour or Maida
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp coffee powder
3 tbsp fine sugar or powdered sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tbsp melted butter(salted)
Few drops of vanilla extract
6 to 7 tbsp milk
1 tbsp Chocolate chips
1) In a ceramic mug first add the dry ingredients and mix them well.
2) Now add the butter , vanilla extract and milk and mix well again.
3) Add the Choco chips to the above mix and place this mug in a microwave on a high heat for about 3 mins.
4) After 3 mins turn off the microwave and take out the mug and enjoy the soft and gooey Mug Cake.
1) You could replace Maida with wheat flour.
2) Sieve the dry ingredients once before mixing them with the wet ingredients.
3) Instead of coffee you can replace it with a table spoon of Nutella. In that case you needn’t add the Choco chips.
4) This cake tastes best when it is a little warm.
5) The size of the mug should be just enough for the cake to rise.