Recipe By Shaeem Mohammad Quraishi, a Lucknow-based freelance consultant chef with more than two decades of experience both in India and abroad.
• 1 1/2 Cup hung yogurt
• ½ cup grated paneer ( cottage cheese)
• 1/4 cup fried onion chop
• 1/4 cup besan (chickpea flour) - dry roasted over low heat till slightly darker
• ¼ cup bread crumbs
• 2 tbsp fried cashew nut chopped
• 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garam masala powder
• for frying oil/ghee
How to Make Dahi Ke Kebab
• 1.Mix all the ingredients except the ghee, and chill for an hour.
• 2.Shape the mixture into flat rounds (like tikki's) and pan fry over medium heat till brown on both sides.
• 3.The kebabs are quite soft, so you have to handle them carefully.
• 4.Serve hot with green chutney.
-- Shaeem Mohammad Quraishi
(The author is a Lucknow-based freelance consultant chef with more than two decades of experience both in India and abroad. He specialises is Indian cuisine. Chef Shaeem began his culinary journey at The Ashok (ITDC) New Delhi, moved to Middle East thereafter and has worked in luxurious properties such as Marriott, Millennium and Copthorne, ITC Fortune. Sarovar, Radisson hotel groups).