Chia Seeds Fruit Pudding: Health And Taste Put Together
Recently yet another superfood has made its way into our kitchens due to the proven health benefits.These days everyone is putting in efforts to make their bodies feel healthy as the need has arisen. A healthy body has a strong immune system which is required to fight against diseases and infections. When proper balanced diet and workout come into action, it results in a strong immune system.
The superfood which I am referring to is chia seeds. These seeds are tiny and oval in shape and are in the colors-black, brown and white. They are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fiber which according to the nutritionists help in strengthening the immune system and also give a boost to the metabolic system.
Chia seeds speed up the process of weight loss as they are high in fiber and which keeps you feeling fuller for a longer duration and prevents you from overeating.
Since these seeds are hydrophilic (tendency to mix or dissolve in water), they are capable of absorbing any liquid 12 times their size when soaked in them.
There are various ways in which one can make them a part of their diet. They can be eaten raw, mixed in the salads, along with any juices, smoothies, water and also in the form a pudding. Chia seeds can be relished anytime as they are low on calories.
• 3 tablespoons Chia seeds
• 1 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon honey or chopped dates
• chopped fruits of your choice
1) In a bowl mix the chia seeds with milk and leave it aside for 5 mins.
2) After 5 mins, add the honey and stir the mix again.
3) Now put this bowl in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
4) Just before, eating add the cut fruits and mix again.
5) Enjoy your wholesome Chia pudding.
1) You can replace dairy milk with coconut milk for a creamier consistency.
2) A pinch of cinnamon powder can also be added to enhance the flavors.
3) You can replace fruits with nuts.
Early morning detoxifying Drink
• 1 glass of lukewarm water
• 1 teaspoon of Chia seeds
• a pinch of black pepper(optional)
• 1/2 piece of lemon(optional)
• a pinch of salt(optional)
• 1/2 tablespoon honey(optional)
1) To the glass of water add the chia seeds and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
2) After 15 to 20 mins you can drink the water just like that or
3) Add salt and lemon or lemon and honey while mixing chia seeds with water and then drink it.