Mumbai || Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan completed 27 years of work in the Hindi film world on Tuesday, June 25. Social media networks including Facebook and Twitter were flooded with congratulatory messages to ‘King Khan’ where his fans wished him well and greeted him on his wonderful and inspiring journey so far.
The 53-year-old actor started with his dreams for the silver screen after brief but eventful stints at the television. With big dreams in his eyes, he ventured into the dream city of Mumbai and began his struggle with small films.
He soon made it big and has since become a phenomenon in Bollywood, one of the most successful, sought after and iconic heroes of his times.
Shah Rukh Khan aka SRK has appeared in more than 80 Bollywood films
- He has won several awards including 14 Filmfare Awards
- For his contributions to film, the Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri
- Government of France awarded him both the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Légion d’honneur
- Khan has a significant following in Asia and the Indian diaspora worldwide.
- He made his Bollywood debut in 1992 with Deewana directed by Raj Kanwar
- SRK essayed negative roles with elan in films like Darr, Baazigar and Anjaam.
- He then rose to prominence after starring in a series of romantic films, including Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Mohabbatein and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001).