SULTANPUR || Five persons lost their lives in Sultanpur district of Uttar Pradesh on Friday after being hit by a poisonous gas while cleaning a septic tank, police said. Another person also lost his consciousness due to the gas effect and has been admitted to a medical facility where he is undergoing treatment.
The septic tank was being cleaned at Chirani Patti village. The deceased have been identified as Ravindra (36), Ashok (35), Mohd Sharif (40), Vinod (25) and Nirmal.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has condoled the loss of lives in the incident. He has also asked the district administration to ensure proper treatment of the injured.