AYODHYA || The lone surviving litigant of the Muslim side in the Ayodhya dispute Iqbal Ansari on Saturday excused himself from the emergency meeting go the All-India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) taking place in Lucknow to take a decision on the future course of action after the Supreme Court ruled in favour of Ram Lalla and handed him over the custody of the 2.77 acres hitherto disputed land.
Ansari said that he was of the view that the verdict of the apex court was in the best interests of the communal harmony and peace in the country and that he had already declared that he would not file a review petition in the matter. Lawyer of the Board, Zafaryab Jilani had invited Ansari for the high-profile meeting. “I have always maintained, like my late father, that we will accept the verdict of the Supreme Court and we continue to say so” he said further.
“The Mandir-Maszid imbroglio has gone a bit too far and now I think the time has come to let it settle down and once the highest court of the land has taken a view on it there is no need of challenging it any further,” Ansari said.