AC Explodes In UP’s Firozabad, Couple Charred To Death

FIROZABAD || In a tragic incident in the wee hours of Friday, a couple was charred to death at their home in Firozabad after a fire broke out in the air-conditioner of their bedroom, police said. The fire broke out apparently due to a short-circuit.

The tragedy took place at the Bhagwan Ashram locality in the house of a certain Ajay Sharma. Neighbours told the police that they heard a loud explosion in the morning and soon saw smoke billowing from their bedroom.

They raised an alarm but to no avail, forcing them to break open the doors to gain entry.

Police were also called who rushed the badly burnt Ajay Sharma and his wife Nisha from the room and rushed them to a nearby medical facility where they were pronounced dead. Police said the couple possibly choked to death. A post-mortem has been ordered.

The couple is survived by a daughter, who is studying B Tech in Dehradun. She, along with other relatives have been informed of the tragedy.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

*